Anknuten till Forskning
I am a Global Health Researcher at the division of Caring, the Department of Neurobiology, Caring Science and Society (NVS) at Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
My research field is women's health, sexual and reproductive health and rights within a global health perspective, health system strengthening, health policy reforms and sustainable development. I published highly cited quantitative and qualitative studies about breast and colon cancer in Jordan. They were implementation research that provided data for decision-making and aimed to enhance early detection of cancer in Jordan and in the Middle East region. Please see a selected publications list below.
- Qaisieh R, Al-Tamimi M, El-Hammuri N, Shalabi M, Kilani MM, Taha H, Al-Muhtaseb A, Alfarrajin I, Abu Shaqra M, Hamdan A. Comparative study of Clinical, Laboratory, and Imaging Features of COVID-19. JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2021 May 12. doi: 10.2196/28005. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34081600.
- Alkhaldi SM, Yaseen NA, Bataineh EA, Al-Rawashdeh B, Albadaineh MA, Mubarak SM, Jaras RE, Taha HA. Patterns of antibiotic prescribing and appropriateness for respiratory tract infections in a teaching hospital in Jordan. Int J Clin Pract. 2021 Jun;75(6):e14113. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.14113. Epub 2021 Mar 3. PMID: 33629481.
- Taha, H., Al-Jaghbeer, M., Al Sabbagh, M., Al Omari, L., Berggren, V. (2019). 'Knowledge and Practices of Colorectal Cancer Early Detection Examinations in Jordan: A Cross Sectional Study', Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 20(3), pp. 831-838. doi: 10.31557/APJCP.2019.20.3.831
- L Nasief1 , H Ankarali2, O Alimoglu & H Taha: Expectations of students from a skills lab: An innovation in medical education in Jordan. Jordan medical journal Jan, 2020.
- M Al-Nasraween, L, Al Omari, M Al-Jaghbeer, R Al-Qutob, V Berggren & H Taha: Food Safety Knowledge among Chicken Shawerma Food Handlers in Amman- Jordan. Arab Journal of Nutrition and Exercise (AJNE) 2018, 3 ( 3)
- R Radi, U Isleem, L Al Omari, O Alimoğlu, H Ankarali & H Taha: Attitudes and barriers towards using complementary and alternative medicine among university students in Jordan, Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2018. 41: 175-179
- L Al Omari, R Radi, U Isleem, O Alimoglu, H Ankarali, V Berggren, & H Taha: Knowledge about complementary and alternative medicine among university students in Jordan. Journal of Behavioral Health, 2018.7 (2), 61- 68.
- Alkhaldi SM, Khatatbeh MM, Berggren VE, Taha HA: Knowledge and Attitudes Toward Mandatory Premarital Screening Among University Students in North Jordan. Hemoglobin 2016, 28:1-7.
- Taha H, Jaghbeer MA, Shteiwi M, Alkhadi S, Berggren V: Knowledge and Perceptions about Colorectal Cancer in Jordan: Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2015, 16, 8479- 86.
- Taha H, Nyström L, Al-Qutob R, Berggren V, Esmaily H, Wahlström R: Home visits to improve breast health knowledge and screening practices in a less privileged area in Jordan. BMC Public Health 2014, 14:428 doi:10.1186/1471-2458-14-428
- Taha H, Al-Qutob R, Nyström L, Wahlström R, Berggren V: Would a man smell a rose then throw it away?" Jordanian men's perspectives on women's breast cancer and breast health. BMC Women's Health 2013, 13:41 doi:10.1186/1472-6874-13-41.
- Taha H, Al-Qutob R, Nyström L, Wahlström R, Berggren V: "Voices of fear and safety" women's ambivalence towards breast cancer and breast health: a qualitative study from Jordan. BMC Women’s Health 2012, 12:21.
- Taha H, Halabi Y, Berggren V, Jaouni S, Nyström L, Al-Qutob R, Wahlström R: Educational intervention to improve breast health knowledge among women in Jordan. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention 2010, 11(5):1167-1173.
Dr. Taha has unique skills for developing effective teaching curricula and designing state -of- the- art public health courses for undergraduate and master programs.
PhD in Global Public Health, Karolinska Institutet
MSc, Global Health, Karolinska Institutet