Anknuten till Forskning
01/2019 – present: Senior Research Coordinator/ Associate, Division of Clinical Geriatrics, NVS, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
12/2016 – 12/2018: Postdoctoral fellow (Protein Biochemistry/Neurobiology), Division of Translational Alzheimer Neurobiology, NVS, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
09/2013 – 09/2016: Postdoctoral fellow (Protein Biochemistry), Department of Protein Evolution, Max Planck Institute, Tuebingen, Germany.
08/2008 – 08/2013: Ph.D. Student (Protein Biochemistry), Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Southern Mississippi (USM), USA.
- Rajnish Kumar, Amit Kumar, Agneta Nordberg, Bengt Långström and Taher Darreh-Shori. Proton pump inhibitors act with unprecedented potencies as inhibitors of the acetylcholine biosynthesizing enzyme – A plausible missing link for their association with incidence of dementia (2020) Alzheimer’s & Dementia doi.org/10.1002/alz.12113
- Lindsey Sinclair, Amit Kumar, Taher Darreh-shori, and Seth Love. Visual hallucinations in Alzheimer’s disease do not seem to be associated with chronic hypoperfusion of or reduced cholinergic input to visual processing areas V2&V3 (2019). Alzheimer’s Research and Therapy doi: 10.1186/s13195-019-0519-7
- Khambete M., Murumkar P., Kumar Amit, Darreh-Shori T., De S., Yadav M. R.and Degani M. S. Pyrazoline containing molecules as multifunctional agents in Alzheimer’s Disease (2019). Indian Drugs Volume No. 56, Issue No. 10, Page No. 22-25.
- Amit Kumar, Marika Premoli, Francesca Aria, Sara Anna Bonini, Giuseppina Maccarinelli, Alessandra Gianoncelli, Maurizio Memo and Andrea Mastinu. Cannabimimetics plants: are they new cannabinoidergic modulators? (2019) Planta doi: 10.1007/s00425-019-03138-x
- Andrea Mastinu*, Amit Kumar*, Alessandra Gianoncelli, Bonini Sara Anna, Premoli Marika, Francesca Aria and Memo Maurizio. Zeolite: therapeutic virtues of an ancient natural product. (2019) Molecules doi: 10.3390/molecules 24081517 (* shared first author)
- Amit Kumar*, Erica Lana*, Rajnish Kumar, Christina Unger Lithner and Taher Darreh-Shori. Soluble Ab42 acts as allosteric activator of the core cholinergic enzyme choline acetyltransferase (2018). Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience doi: 10.3389/fnmol.2018.00327 (* shared first author)
- Bonini Sara Anna, Premoli Marika, Tambaro Simone, Amit Kumar, Maccarinelli Giuseppina, Memo Maurizio, Mastinu Andrea. Cannabis sativa: A comprehensive review of a medicinal plant with a long history (2018). Journal of Ethnopharmacology doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2018.09.004
- Rajnish Kumar*, Amit Kumar*, Bengt Långström and Taher Darreh-Shori. Discovery of novel Choline acetyltransferase inhibitors using structure-based virtual screening (2017). Nature Scientific Reports 10.1038/s41598-017-16033 (* shared first authorship).
- Amit Kumar# and Taher Darreh-Shori. DMSO- A mixed-competitive inhibitor of human acetylcholinesterase (2017). ACS Chemical Neuroscience 10.1021/acschemneuro.7b00344 (# Corresponding author). F1000 Recommended Article
- Preetam Ghosh, Ashwin Vaidya, Amit Kumar and Vijayaraghavan Rangachari. Determination of critical nucleation number for a single nucleation Amyloid-b aggregation model (2016). Math Biosci. Jan 7, 10.1016/J.mbs.2015.12.004.
- Amit Kumar, Kayla M. Pete, Melissa M. Moss, Dexter N. Dean and Vijayaraghavan Rangachari. Self-propagative replication of Ab oligomers suggests potential transmissibility in Alzheimer’s disease (2014). PLoS One Nov 3, 9(11), e111492.
- Amit Kumar, Lea C. Paslay, Daniel Lyons, Sarah E. Morgan, John J. Correia and Vijayaraghavan Rangachari. Specific soluble oligomers of Amyloid-b peptide undergo replication and form non-fibrillar aggregates in interfacial environments (2012). J. Biol. Chem. VOL. 287, NO. 25, pp.21253-21264.
- Matthew S.Planchard, Micheal A. Samel, Amit Kumar and Vijayaraghavan Rangachari. The natural product betulinic acid rapidly promotes Amyloid-b fibril formation at the expense of soluble oligomers (2012). ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 10.1021/cn300030a.
- Amit Kumar, Rebekah Rice, Lea C. Paslay, Dipti Singh, Pritesh Patel, Ewa Bienkiewicz, Sarah E. Morgan and Vijayaraghavan Rangachari. Non-esterified fatty acids generate distinct Amyloid-b (Ab42) oligomers via a pathway distinct from Fibril Formation (2011). PLoS One April 19, 6(4), e18759.
- Amit Kumar, LaMaryet Moody, Jason Olaivar, Nerissa Lewis, Rahul Khade, Alvin Holder, Yong Zhang and Vijayaraghavan Rangachari. Inhibition of Ab42 peptide aggregation by a mixed–metal binuclear ruthenium (II)-platinum (II) complex: Potential for multi-metal organometallics as anti-amyloid agents. (2010). ACS Chemical Neuroscience 1, 691-701.
- Preetam Ghosh,Amit Kumar, Bhaswati Datta,and Vijayaraghavan Rangachari. Dynamics of Protofibril Elongation and Association involved in Ab42 Peptide Aggregation in Alzheimer’s disease (2010). BMC Bioinformatics 11(Suppl 6): S24.
08/2008-08/2013: Ph.D. Protein Biochemistry (GPA: 3.94/4.00), University of Southern Mississippi, USA.
- Dissertation: “Biophysical understanding of novel synthetic Aß prions in Alzheimer’s disease.”
08/2005-08/2008: Bachelor’s in Pharmacy (B.Pharm; Ist Division), University of Delhi, New Delhi, India.
08/2003-08/2005: Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm; Ist Division), University of Delhi, New Delhi, India.
Akademiska priser och utmärkelser
2019: Travel grant to attend AAIC conference, LA, USA, from Gålöstiftelsen, Stockholm.
2018: Winner “Alzheimer Fast Track Innovative Grant Proposal Competition”, organized by BrightFocus Foundation, San Diego, USA,
2018: Travel grant to attend SFN conference, USA, from Gålöstiftelsen, Stockholm.
2018: Travel grant to attend SFN conference, USA, from Karolinska Research Foundation.
2018: Travel grant to attend AAIC conference, USA, from Karolinska Research Foundation.
2018: Travel grant to attend AAIC conference, USA, from Wenner-Gren Foundation.
2017: Travel grant for collaborative visit at Max-Planck Institute, Germany, from Karolinska Research Foundation.
2017: Reached Pre-Final round of Merck Biopharma Innovation Cup.
2013: Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, USM.
2013: Best Research Paper Award, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, USM.
2013: “Yarbrough Award” for best paper by Graduate school, USM.
2012: The Finn World Travel Award/Protein Science Young Investigator Travel Grants by The Protein Society.
2012: Dept. nominee to the college of Science & Technology (CoST) for “Outstanding Graduate Student of the year”, USM.
2011: Young Scientist Travel Award by “4th Protein Misfolding and Neurological Disorders Meeting” 2011, Queensland, Australia.
2011: Best Research Paper Award, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, USM.
2011: “Yarbrough Award” for best paper by Graduate school, USM.
2010: Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, USM.