Anknuten till Forskning
After graduating from the study programme in psychology in 2011 with a MSc I worked as a clinical psychologist at an outpatient psychiatric care unit and as an adjunct lecturer at the Centre for Psychiatry Research at Karolinska Institutet. I became a Licensed Psychologist in Sweden in 2012 and have continued doing part-time clinical work in different settings ever since. I completed my PhD at the Department of Psychology at Stockholm University in 2017 with a doctoral thesis on the negative effects of Internet-based cognitive behaviour therapy. After my dissertation I spent almost two years as a researcher at the Institute of Child Health at University College London, where I am currently an Honorary Associate Professor. I completed a post doctoral position at the Centre for Psychiatry Research at Karolinska Institutet in 2021, where I am presently an adjunct researcher, doctoral supervisor, and principal investigator for the implementation of patient-controlled admissions to inpatient care in Region Stockholm. Since 2021, I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Psychology at Uppsala University. In addition, I am an Associate Editor for the journal Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
My research concerns four broad topics:
- Transdiagnostic issues and behavioural problems related to psychiatric disorders, such as perfectionism and procrastination.
- Negative effects and malpractice issues related to psychological treatments.
- Internet-based cognitive behaviour therapy.
- Implementation and effectiveness of novel methods in inpatient care, for instance patient-controlled admissions.
I have currently 58 publications in international peer-reviewed journals, with an h-index of 17 (Scopus). For a complete overview, see my ORCID.
I am an Associate Editor for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
I am currently supervising two doctoral students:
- Emelie Allenius at the Centre for Psychiatry Research at Karolinska Institutet (Patient-controlled admissions for patients with severe psychiatric disorders), 2021-
- Maria Smitmanis Lyle at the Centre for Psychiatry Research at Karolinska Institutet (Patient-controlled admissions for children and adolescents with severe mental health disorders), 2021-
I have previously supervised one doctoral student:
- Matilda Berg at the Department of Behavioural Sciences and Learning at Linköping University (Learning and knowledge in cognitive behaviour therapy), 2017-2021.