Current position: Senior Researcher and Principle Investigator
Main interests: neural stem cells, neuronal development, neuronal diversification, pain disorders, pluripotency, transcriptional regulation, neurological disorders
Previous research appointments
Francois Lallemend's lab Björn Vennström’s lab
My research consists in identifying the molecular mechanisms that control neurogenesis and specification during development and neuronal homeostasis in adult, with a particular interest for pain-sensing neurons. My projects are focused on the interplays between transcription factors and chromatin modifying enzymes and how these contribute to the transition between neural precursor cell maintenance and differentiation leading to neuronal diversity. Moreover, I am also very interested in understanding at the genetic level how neuronal cell functions are maintained in the adult, or affected in neuropathic pain. Gaining insight into these mechanisms could lead to targeted therapies for illnesses such as pain disorders.
Our current research focuses on the epigenetic control of nociceptor differentiation and pain perception.
Research funding - past and present
Karolinska Institutet, Gun och Bertil Stohnes Stiftelse, Marie Curie, FNRS, Wenner Gren Stiftelse, EndoMet, Tysta Skolan
Please contact us if you are willing to support our research.
Yiqiao Wang (co-supervision)
Charles Petitpre (co-supervison)
Dinh Phong N’Guyen
I encourage scientists to contact me with a letter of interest, CV and letters of recommendation.
- Reviewer for the Karolinska Institutet Doctoral Funding
- Histology teacher, DFM
- Steering committee of Junior Faculty
- Half-time committee member
- Examination teacher
- Coordinator of Career Focus Group/Junior Faculty
International Meeting Organizer:
- Career System in Europe
- Nordic Neuroscience 2017
- Scientific Coordinator of Söderberg Foundation’ scientific Art exhibition at Museum Sven Harrys (Nov2017-Jan2018) by: ~ 8000 entrees.
- Senior Researcher, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Molecular Neurobiology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Cell and Molecular biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Post-doctoral fellow, GIGA Neuroscience, Belgium
- PhD, Neuroscience, Aix-Marseille, France and Tübingen, Germany (Marie Curie Fellowship)
- B.Sc., Neuroscience, Aix-Marseille, France