Anknuten till Forskning
I am research team leader at KI and the Director at STAD (Stockholm prevents alcohol and drug problems) (www.stad.org), a unit within the Centre for Psychiatry Research at the Karolinska Institutet.
My research field is prevention science with the main focus on the development, implementation and evaluation of alcohol and drug environmental prevention programs in the local community. Examples of programs are different STAD-models such as; Responsible Beverage Service and the “Clubs against Drugs”-programs in the nightlife setting, and alcohol prevention at large sporting events, Fotboll utan Fylla (https://fotbollutanfylla.se/). I have been the PI for international projects such as the EU-projects “STAD in Europe” (http://stadineurope.eu/) and ALAMA-nightlife (https://www.eranid.eu/projects/alama-nightlife/).
- KAROLINSKA INSTITUTET, Ph.D. in Medical Science at the Department of Public Health Sciences, 2012
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, Master of Health Education, 1999, GPA: 4.00 out of 4.00
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, 1997, Coordinated Program in Dietetics. GPA: 3.85 out of 4.00
Akademiska priser och utmärkelser
- Awarded the EINAR (Excellence in Neuroscience Annual Reward) Award at the Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 2016.
- Winner of the 2012 EMCDDA scientific paper award for the paper “Long-term effects of a community-based intervention: five-year follow-up of ‘Clubs against Drugs’, published in Addiction.
HONORS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- University Honor List, 1994-1999, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Awarded the Louise Shelly Hewlett Brame Scholarship, 1996-1997.