Harpa Sif Eyjólfsdóttir
Harpa Sif Eyjólfsdóttir is a PhD and a member of the social gerontology group at the Aging Research Center (ARC).
I am a member of the social gerontology group at the Aging Research Center (ARC). I defended my PhD thesis Unequal tracks? Studies on work, retirement and health in 2021.
My main fields of interest are retirement, labour market, social stratification, health inequalities, and life course studies. My doctoral work focused on health, retirement and socioeconomic position.
Celeste, R. K., Eyjólfsdóttir, H. S., Lennartsson, C., & Fritzell, J. (2020). Socioeconomic Life Course Models and Oral Health: A Longitudinal Analysis. Journal of Dental Research, 99(3), 257–263. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022034520901709.
Eyjólfsdóttir, H. S., Baumann, I., Agahi, N., & Lennartsson, C. (2019). How to measure retirement age? A comparison of survey and register data. Journal of Population Ageing. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12062-019-09254-6
Eyjólfsdóttir, H. S., Baumann, I., Agahi, N., Fritzell, J., & Lennartsson, C. (2019). Prolongation of working life and its effect on mortality and health in older adults: Propensity score matching. Social Science & Medicine, 226, 77–86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2019.02.026
Lennartsson, C., Eyjólfsdóttir, H. S., Celeste, R. K., & Fritzell, J. (2018). Social class and Infirmity. The role of social class over the life-course. SSM - Population Health, 4, 169–177. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssmph.2017.12.001
- Fall 2019: Arbetsliv, åldrande och hälsa (Working life, aging and health). I developed, managed, taught and finally examinated (together with Charlotta Nilsen) a course on basic level (7.5 credits) at the Department of Public Health Sciences in Stockholms University.
- Co-supervising a Master student (spring 2020).
- Fall 2020: Teaching the course Arbetsliv, åldrande och hälsa (Working life, aging and health, 7.5 credits) at the Department of Public Health Sciences in Stockholms University.
- 2010 BA in Sociology from the University of Iceland
- 2012 MSc in Public Health from Centre for Health Equity Studies (CHESS, KI/SU)
- 2021 PhD from KI