The Infrastructure Committee
Infrastructure is becoming increasingly important in research and education at Karolinska Institutet, in strategic-academic as well as financial terms. The role of the Infrastructure Committee is to coordinate resources and investments within KI, in relation to Region Stockholm as well as to national and international initiatives. The committee reports formally to the Faculty Board and focuses for the moment mainly on research infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Committee is responsible for core-facilities and research equipment.
The committee members will serve for three years, starting 2017-2019, and work in groups with the following focus areas:
- Core facilities, Anna Falk
- Imaging, Stefan Eriksson
- Electron microscopy, Lennart Nilsson
- Research Data Office (RDO) and e-infrastructure, Ellenor Mittendorfer-Rutz
- High activity sealed source (HASS), Lars Frelin
Composition of the Infrastructure Committee
The Infrastructure Committee is led by the vice dean of infrastructure, and constitutes of members from both KI’s academic and administrative sectors. The committee is also at liberty to co-opt and engage additional members. From the 1st of July, the composition of the council will be changed according to the new delegation rules at KI. Vice President Karin Dahlman-Wright will then be chairing the council.
It currently comprises of the following members:
- Lars Frelin
- Cecilia Götherström
- Ellenor Mittendorfer-Rutz
- Lennart Nilsson
- Lars-Arne Haldosén
- Marianne Schultzberg
- Boel Brynedal, Representative of Junior Faculty
- Marie Carlén, Researcher Neuro
- Anna Falk, Core Facility Coordinator
- Lennart Ilke, Facilities Director
- Magnus Nordenskjöld, Representative for the R&D Director at Karolinska University Hospital
- Ingrid Palmér, Director of Planning
- Juni Palmgren, Researcher MEB
- Katja Petzold, Researcher MBB
- Antonio Gigliotti Rothfuchs, Chairperson Biosafety Committee
- Johannes Wilbertz, Comparative Medicine
The committee will receive central administrative support from the Faculty Office and External Relations. The aim is for the appointments to reflect a fair geographic spread and represent the interests of different parts of the organisation.
Board Meetings regarding the autumn 2019 will be displayed in August.
Minutes from the Infrastructure Committee are only available in Swedish.